Explosive Safety Program
COVID-19 & Chemical Management Operations
The Chemical Management Unit has been tasked with identifying critical operations within our program in the event of a University closure.
The following services would be suspended if the campus closes and only critical staff are allowed on campus.
- Chemical orders will be suspended unless for an emergency
- Audits will be suspended and rescheduled
- Waste operations will be required to meet minimum regulatory requirements
- Emergency responders will be part of the 9-hour rotational schedule
- Energetic material minimum requirements will be maintained
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.
The Explosive Safety section of EHS maintains the explosive license for the University. Please contact us to assist you in obtaining and using explosives to assure compliance with Federal and State regulations.