Safety and Industrial Hygiene
The Safety and Industrial Hygiene office has been tasked with identifying critical operations within our program in the event of a University closure.
The following services would be suspended if the campus closes and only critical staff are allowed on campus.
- Asbestos/lead related projects will be suspended
- SPCC oversight will be suspended unless there is a spill or release.
- Fume hood inspections and certifications will be rescheduled.
- Construction plan reviews will be suspended.
- Exposure assessments will be suspended unless deemed an emergency.
- Safety walks will be suspended.
- Building health and safety inspections will be rescheduled.
- Research related activities will be on an emergency basis with the approval of the director of EHS.
- Outlying area’s health and safety inspection trips will be suspended or rescheduled
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.
The Safety and Industrial Hygiene Unit oversees the Asbestos and Lead Programs, Building Health and Safety Program,
Fume Hood Certification and Safety, Industrial Hygiene and Exposure Assessments,
Construction Safety, and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)