Chemical Management Unit
COVID-19 & Chemical Management Operations
The Chemical Management Unit has been tasked with identifying critical operations within our program in the event of a University closure.
The following services would be suspended if the campus closes and only critical staff are allowed on campus.
- Chemical orders will be suspended unless for an emergency
- Audits will be suspended and rescheduled
- Waste operations will be required to meet minimum regulatory requirements
- Emergency responders will be part of the 9-hour rotational schedule
- Energetic material minimum requirements will be maintained
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.
The Chemical Management Unit of EHS is a multidisciplinary office that oversees the Chemical Hygiene and Safety Program,
Chemical Hazardous Waste Program, Controlled Substances Program, EHS’s Emergency Response Team, and
the Energetic Materials Safety Program. Our mission is to ensure that CSU is to meet its compliance obligations concerning
federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to the safe handling, storage, and disposal of chemicals generated in support of the Board
of Governors of the Colorado State University System.